Kris Rzesnoski the restoration industry expert and our special guest Ed Cross, The Restoration Lawyer, discuss how documentation can help increase your profitability and reduce your liability as a restorer. We review seven steps you can take to help reduce your liability by documenting claims and get Ed's feedback on the importance of each step.
Seven steps you should take on day one to help reduce your liability.
- Determine if you can do the job
- Get the contract signed
- Do your safety assessment
- Document the jobsite - Overview photos
- Document the jobsite - Pre-existing conditions
- Document the jobsite - Cause of loss
- Be transparent with reporting