The PRINCIPLES WE ABIDE BY
We comply with all applicable privacy laws respecting our processing and storage of any personal information that may be used in conjunction with the Services, and we deal with your data under these general principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness, transparency and right to access: We may not reveal the granular details of how we protect your data, because that would compromise its security – but we will let you know why we need it, what we need it for, and process it securely and in accordance with applicable laws. If you have any questions respecting your data and how it’s being used, you need only ask us, and we will answer. This includes any questions you may have about the types and categories of personal information that we may have collected about you.
- Minimization of data: We only collect information that we need, and that you choose to give to us. We will not collect personal information gratuitously from you for no reason.
- Accuracy: We make reasonable efforts to keep your data accurate and up to date, based on your input; if you notify us of any changes to your data, we will make sure to change it in our systems in a timely manner.
- Integrity and confidentiality: We process your information using appropriate technical or organizational measures designed to ensure appropriate security of your personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- Non-discrimination: We believe in treating our customers fairly and equally. We will never treat any customer differently simply because they have chosen to exercise their rights under any applicable privacy legislation, such as requesting access to, or requesting deletion of, personal information. Having said that, use of the Service may be dependent upon the use of certain personal information to provide results requested by you, and therefore a request for deletion of personal information will require an investigation into whether there are any other parties with rights in and to that information (such as any insurance provider that you used in relation to your claim), and may result, from a purely technical standpoint, in a limitation of, or inability to use, the Service.
The Information We Collect And Store
We may collect and store the following information when running the Encircle Service:
Information You Provide
When you register an account, we collect some personal information, such as your name, phone number, email address, home postal address, and home insurance policy. When you invite others to join Encircle by using our referral page, we send them a one-time email for that referral.
We collect and store the files you upload, download, or access with the Service (“Files”). If you add a file to your account that has been previously uploaded by you or another user, we may associate all or a portion of the previous file with your account rather than storing a duplicate.
When you use the Service, we automatically record information from your Device, its software, and your activity using the Services. This may include the Device's Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our website, locale preferences, identification numbers associated with your Devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning your Files, and other interactions with the Service.
We also use “cookies” to collect information and improve our Services. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your Device.
Store your current session token, a unique identifier allowing us to authenticate the requests you make to the service as being your own.
Store information identifying your current browser uniquely, allowing us to correlate present and past visits to the site, to better understand how you interact with the Service, to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Service, and to help prevent fraudulent payments.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Service.
How We Use Personal Information
Some Devices allow applications to access real-time location-based information (for example, GPS). Our mobile apps do not collect such information from your mobile device at any time while you download or use our mobile apps as of the date this policy went into effect, but may do so in the future with your consent to improve our Services. Some photos you place in Encircle may contain recorded location information. We may use this information to optimize your experience. If you do not wish to share files embedded with your geo-location information with us, please do not upload them. If you don't want to store location data in your photos, please consult the documentation for your camera to turn off that feature. Also, some of the information we collect from a Device, for example IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate a Device's location.
We also collect some information (ourselves or using third party services) using logging and cookies, such as IP address, which can sometimes be correlated with Personal Information. We use this information for the above purposes and to monitor and analyze use of the Service, for the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to verify users have the authorization needed for the Service to process their requests.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Subject to any exceptions stated in this document, should Encircle collect any of your Personal Information, we will follow these practices regarding the disclosure and distribution of that information.
Your Personal Information is always protected
Encircle uses reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information and store it securely. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to those personnel who need it, and Encircle takes reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information.
Encircle only uses and discloses your Personal Information if it helps us facilitate your needs, improve our products and services, meet legal and regulatory requirements, or – to the limited extent possible – manage our internal business operations. Additionally, if there are any disclosure or use restrictions in your consent to the collection of your personal information, Encircle will abide by those restrictions.
Encircle may combine your information with other information into an aggregate form, so your information no longer personally identifies you. We may then disclose the aggregate information to third parties, so they can obtain an overall picture of Encircle’s products, services, customer sectors and/or usage patterns. We may also disclose any other information that is not considered to be private or personal information by law.
We only share your information with your consent
Encircle provides your information to third parties only for purposes to which you have consented, and we require such third parties to keep your information confidential.In a few situations, Encircle may be required to disclose your information without your prior consent. For example, Encircle may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
Encircle will always try to provide you with prior notice of such disclosure; however, such notice may not always be possible or reasonable given the circumstances.
- Comply with law or legal process
- Protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights and property of a third party
- Protect against misuse or unauthorized use of any of Encircle’s products, software, services, or other proprietary materials
- Protect the personal safety of any person
Additionally, the nature of the Services requires the routine use of your information in the provision of the Services. Your Personal Information will only be used to the limited extent necessary to provide the services that you have requested, and may include the following uses:
- To allow third party suppliers, vendors, contractors and other parties to provide products and services to us or to you, or to otherwise act on our behalf (this may include, without limitation, our authorization of such third parties to email our users regarding updates, surveys and other inquiries regarding their experience with our software and service)
- To allow for audits, and surveys to, among other things, validate the size and composition of the users of Encircle’s services, and understand their experience with Encircle’s software and Services.
We DO NOT SELL YOUR INFORMATION
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. In fact, we do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with non-affiliated companies for any reason, unless we have your express permission. As stated above, however, we do combine your information with other information into an aggregate form, so your information no longer personally identifies you – and we may, on occasion, sell that anonymized data set as part of our products and services.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
If you are a registered user, you may review, update, correct, or delete the Personal Information provided in your registration or account profile by changing your “account settings”. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update or delete it by making the change on your account settings. In some cases we may retain copies of your information if required by law.
A situation may arise where you desire to have all of your personal information that is contained in Encircle’s records deleted or destroyed. If this is what you wish, please contact our Privacy Officer, who will take care of your request, as described below. However, there may be situations where we are obligated to retain copies of your information to allow us to comply with laws or respond to legal processes, to complete outstanding transactions with you, or maintain the integrity of our systems. The applicability of these exceptions to your information will be fully communicated with you when we process your request.
For questions about your Personal Information on our Service, or to review, update, correct or delete any Personal Information that is not included in your registration or account profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your information quickly upon request. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting information from our servers and backed-up versions might exist after deletion. In addition, we do not delete from our servers files that you have in common with other users; however, all confidentiality and privacy protections remain in place with respect to such files.
Our Service offers publicly accessible community services such as blogs, forums, and wikis. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Your posts may remain even after you cancel your account. For questions about your Personal Information on our Service, please contact email@example.com.
Our Site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Encircle. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
121 Charles St, West
Kitchener, ON, Canada